AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Being young and married, What to invest in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 11/15/2009 15:48 (#925069 - in reply to #925032)
Subject: Re: Being young and married, What to invest in?

Central NE
lancef53 - 11/15/2009 14:15

I would do some checking into some permanent life insurance. The term is cheap, but it will only help you(your spouse) out for the next 10 or 20 years. Permanent is more of an investment than an insurance policy.

I completely disagree. Companies get bought and get looted, or invest your money in commercial RE and look where that market is headed. Term insurance serves its purpose and can be replaced with another company if the need arises.

Whole life or Adjustable life covereage is a disaster when inflation kicks in. DISASTER The "adjustable whole life" policy I bought came with projections of cash value meeting policy value at age 65 and rising. As it turns out years later, the real world projection was closer to the "guaranteed value" (not discussed at purchase time) which now shows the policy running out of funds and no cash value before age 65. Also the Mutual Insurance company I bought from de-mutualized and became a stock owned ponzi scheme.

The best investment is one that helps YOU EARN more money. You won't squander it or gamble with it and you will allways KNOW where it is. Many of the companies that were solid investments at one time have had their personnel replaced over time with some unethical, greedy, and incompetent replacements IMO. I wouldn't lend them one dime.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)