AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DroneDeploy Stand Count Tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

gwagner
Posted 5/22/2021 09:54 (#9018672 - in reply to #9017064)
Subject: RE: DroneDeploy Stand Count Tool

In respoce to your questions,,,

Is there a maximum flight height to function?

With Sentera you two have 2 options; DJI Phontom or Mavic RGB camera a height of 50' A stand count image is taken about 1 image per acre. The other option is with the PHX fixed wing and a narrow focus RGB camera (much faster option) at a height of 150' taking the same 1 acre image count.

So anything planted vrt is definitely not an option?

I would more agree with your comment to validate your vrt seed scripts would be an excellent use. In my limited experience soil type influence affected emerged more than anything else. Certain soil types are warmer or colder thus corn emergence is influenced by this factor. So in a cool spring when you are vrt planting, in my sandier soil types I would increase my plant population (because poorer emergence) in stead of reducing my population. (an extremely in inexact science!!)

Is replant decisions your primary goal?

Again in my limited experience, by the time the plants are large enough to get a proper reading it is past optimal replant time. So like yourself i would use it more as evaluation tool that I can take the emergence population to harvest.

Sentera has another tool (that I have not used yet) is tassel count tool. Having a original plant emergence map (and not planted pop map), a tassel count map (plants that survived thru the growing season) and a yield map would take analysis to the next level

gary

Edited by gwagner 5/22/2021 10:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)