AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Graphics Card Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

TheGleaner
Posted 1/17/2021 04:50 (#8757393 - in reply to #8756413)
Subject: RE: Another Graphics Card Question

ND
So you'd faint if I told you I bought 2 used 980s for under that and are running 3 4k displays without issue? Granted gaming doesn't really work with 4k times 3(I kick it down to one panel at 1440 or 1080 to have something besides a slide show), it works fine for everything else non gaming.

Unless that "$160 card" is something like a gt1030, I'd bet it would do just fine running office work at 4K.

Times have changed, $1500 buys you the top of the line Nvidia 3090 or AMD 6800XT graphics cards, both run neck and neck with each other, and one claims it can game at 8k(30 fps though, so that is debatable). Computing has came a long ways since the first peak of PCs in the 1980s/1990s, to the point of some say that we are creating or at the peak of technology again now; the family rivalry between Nvidia and AMD that has produced the 6800 and 6800XT and the 3080 and 3090, Intel getting thrown off its perch and actually having to listen to its consumers and innovate and fix their issues to compete with AMD's Zen architecture that "cheats" with its chiplet design, yet is now blowing intel out if the water. As a result what is needed for today's computing has cheapened dramatically, and the wanted parts have cheapened too a bit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)