AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (With Pictures!)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ILOVECH
Posted 8/26/2009 13:13 (#825101)
Subject: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (With Pictures!)

Ontario, Canada

Just thought I'd share my soft chocolate chip cookie recipe, guaranteed to win the heart of any farmer ;)  I added pictures to help you out, be sure to follow the directions as posted.  I won't be held responsible for any tight pants that follow!

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix together (with fork or electric mixer)...

1/2 cup butter (room temperature - MUST BE SOFT - NO MARGARINE)

1/2 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

Add in...

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Add in (and mix well)...

1/2 tsp. baking soda (make sure it's fresh)

1 tsp. salt

Add in...

2 1/4 cups flour

2 cups chocolate chips (I buy the bulk mini kind, I think the hershey/chipits packs are gross!)

Stir the flour/chocolate chips gently with a fork...

Soon you will have some sticky cookie dough...

Shape dough with your hands and try to make a ball (do not overdo, just gently)...

Once you have a dough ball wash and dry your hands.  You won't be able to roll neat balls if your hands are still sticky.

Start rolling walnut sized balls of cookie dough and place them at least 2 inches apart (I can get 12 on a Wilton cookie sheet).  Be sure to use parchment paper (not waxed)!

Place in an oven on the middle/top rack that is preheated to 350F.  Do not put in more than one cookie sheet at a time unless you have an oven that can bake evenly. 

After 5 minutes your cookies should look like this...

By about 8 minutes you should remove your cookies and transfer them to a wire rack.  They may still look wet or not ready but this is what you want.  As they cool they will settle and will be very soft.  If you have any browning or golden cookies, you waited too long and they will end up harder. 

They should look like this when you take them out (these are 8 minutes)...

The bottoms should be very light brown (but not the edges)...

Allow to cool for 1-2 hours before placing in air tight container.  Best eaten when cooled!  The trick is too take them out of the oven at just the right time and be sure to place on a wire rack immediately or they will cook longer on the pan. 

ENJOY!! Sealed Smile

Edited by ILOVECH 8/26/2009 19:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)