AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a little help from the horse people.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 8/23/2009 14:25 (#821498 - in reply to #821494)
Subject: RE: Modern Day Kansas Cowboy, kinda

Kansas
Have a neighbor that has been in horses his whole life. The pasture east of me here he bet one day he could get from the north end to the south end faster on the horse than I could on the 4 wheeler.

Now mind you I had sprayed and dug and walked that pasture ever since we bought it. I knew ever hole and ditch and embankment and where I could go up and down and not to try.

I told him he was on. Name the time. That was over 10 years ago and still no phone call when to meet. LOL.

Have another pasture rented that a fellar owned and used on his registered hereford herd before passing. He told me and pop how rough that pasture was and we could never get up it on any 4 wheelers. The only way to get around it was on a horse.

We've rented that place for over 10 years now and go all over it on the atv's. I really think the idea passed down sometimes that a horse can go places an atv can't is simply a mindset. About the only thing I can think of that the horse can win hands down is crossing deep water. But that's what pond dams are for and if the cow stays out there, that's what throwing rocks and hard cow pies are for. LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)