AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm Gone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fishinmind
Posted 8/7/2009 14:04 (#803119 - in reply to #802957)
Subject: Re: I'm Gone

Gentlemen----We are now saved!! I just listened to the President tell me that things are better. Seems he has been told by his group of advisors, when the rate of unemployment increase starts to slow down, that this is a time for rejoicing.
I am still perplexed. What a spin doctor we have in the White house. I guess we all recognize that sooner or later the market will bounce back. For true recovery, I think we will have to hear that actual unemployment has started to come down, not that the rate of increase has slowed. Hope we do have some positive issues to celebrate soon--the winter will look very bleak as seasonal economic numbers seldom are bouyed in that time frame.

On a marketing issue--the recent pop in prices seems to be a result of a large "wad" of money being thrown into the commodity game. High grain prices again don't smell very good to our livestock community. Wonderful rains across much of the belt and appears a little heat to help with the maturity game. All of this adds to a big negative for the future price opportunity in my humble oppinion. By the way, crops are incredibly good (a little late) in my area just North of Indianapolis. Warm regards from this Hoosier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)