AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amsunshine's Rosemary Chicken Recipe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 7/28/2009 12:40 (#791301 - in reply to #791222)
Subject: RE: Gerald's microwave Rosemary Chicken Recipe

It simpler.

On the serving plate, sprinkle a table spoon or so of bisquick biscuit mix to make a bed. Grind some black pepper on the bisquick. Sprinkle some dried parsley on the bisquick. Sprinkle some Spanish powdered rosemary (from Penzys Spices), on the bed. Lay the thawed chicken piece on the bed, dust with biscuit mix, microwave until done at 60% power for one piece. Full power for two or more pieces. A little slow gets done through better. If there are pink spots and you want a sizzle finish with about 45 seconds on full power. The juices from the chicken will make gravy of the bisquick.

The same works with turkey and pork. I add a pork chop seasoning mix (mostly salt) from Penzys. The scheme also works with beef slices without the pork chop seasoning and rosemary, but those I do to near completion on defrost to be more gentle, and then the 45 seconds full power at the end browns the gravy and puts a sizzle on the beef.

My entire microwave cookbook in just two paragraphs.

I make my own bisquick putting one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of baking powder to two cups of flour, mixing well. I keep it in a cheese shaker for easy spreading.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)