AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CVT / IVT fuel efficiency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Womp
Posted 7/8/2009 13:44 (#769340 - in reply to #769290)
Subject: Re: CVT / IVT fuel efficiency

E SD
I've been running our 7330 w/IVT the past year. I enjoy the transmission quite a bit, as far as huge fuel savings go I don't think its there. One thing in the fuel eff. equation is the tier 3 motors are taking more on the smaller frame machines compared to the earlier models.

I always thought too that with the IVT when you are doing light work or travel and have the ability to idle down that your fuel savings would be exceptional. It doesn't seem to be the case, as you watch your gal/hr there does not seem to be a huge increase from traveling 27mph at 1500 vs 2000 engine rpm.

For example this past night I was driving home with a baler, on full eco mode the command center indicated around 4.0 gal/hr running at 1500 rpm, and when it was set full power running full rpm fuel usage wasn't discernibly higher. Maybe in there someplace there is a .3-.5 gal/hr savings in this scenario, but without plotting data it isn't evident. Again, I haven't repeated this quick observation in other scenarios with different loads, uses, conditions, etc. Just a general observation that low rpm isn't directly correlated to fuel savings in this scenario.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)