AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apache self propelled sprayers [ Owners ]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GangGreen
Posted 7/6/2009 14:33 (#767273 - in reply to #766747)
Subject: RE: Apache self propelled sprayers [ Owners ]

Eastern Iowa
We have a 2003 model 780, and we like it a lot, coming from a pull type situation. It is very easy on fuel, running at around a quart to the acre, and is pretty nimble on its feet in our hilly terrain. We have only used it for this season so far, so I can't say how it does in mud since this year was really pretty perfect around here. But it didn't leave the kind of tracks in the field that the heavier hydrostatic machines did.

A 4720 Deere weighs 22,600 pounds sitting empty. An Apache with an extra 50 gallons of tank weighs 17,400. So you would expect it to make less mess. Of course, it isn't built to be abused like commercial machines are, but the Precision boom is built at least as durable as the Hardi we had been using, and we were able to use that one for more than 20 years. It is durable enough for the farmer owner!

We like the Powershift, and the differential brakes help keep you on the row when operating in the hills without any front wheel assist. Biggest criticism from us is that our model is a bit short of hydraulic power when running the pump wide open and trying to manipulate the wings on the fly. They respond a little slow. I understand this is something that newer models took into account.

As inexperienced as we were running it this year, I think the fuel economy is excellent. At around a quart per acre, I know hydro guys who won't believe you when you tell them what it costs to operate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)