AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about another sprayer for next season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pothole Pete
Posted 6/8/2009 12:07 (#736910 - in reply to #725401)
Subject: RE: Thinking about another sprayer for next season

I just sold mine (1996) after using it for 5 years. Here are some points:
The ride will be smooth if there are two sets of air bags on every wheel. (at the top and down close to the wheel motor.) The lower bags run at 35 psi and the top at 100+ psi - I wouldn't buy a 765 without these lower bags.

Midtech (arc 6000) controller worked great for me, and it was compatible with a trimble ez boom. The midtech controller I had was easily upgraded to 5 booms from 3, (plugs already wired to back, and boom plumbing just required removing a T connection, and adding 2 solenoids.)

The JD motor was a little underpowered in my hilly land with 600 gallon tank. The Radiator, AC Condensor, and Oil cooler are all stacked together, which can suck chaff and dust in between them. Causes heating issues in the middle of summer, and is hard to clean out.

Mine came with heavy duty 75' booms, and they should be checked for cracking before purchase, also the deck under the tank has a tendency to get the odd crack. And I had one wheel rim crack in the stud holes.

I can't comment on spraying corn or other really tall crops, but the machine has pretty good clearance.
I used to spray a 2-3 passes per year on 4000 acres. Including pre-harvest and fungicides.

I upgraded to a SF 550 (Rogator made New Holland). The 765 was WAY better on fuel.

Overall it was a very good machine. Hope this helps!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)