AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Service Truck or Trailer. Which One?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 6/1/2009 00:00 (#728852 - in reply to #728617)
Subject: RE: Service Truck or Trailer. Which One?

nc IA
Different scale then most guys, but my budget service truck is a little ol mazda b2200. Priority #1 was a vehicle I could pull behind a tractor / piece of equipment and when I got to the farm 27 miles from the acreage I would still have wheels. Priority #2 was to have fuel and tools along with, put my 100gallon fuel tank in the back and moved the toolbox that was there to accommodate it. Gets that slopp'n mess out of my so called good 3/4 ton truck. Worked out ok for the most part - only issue I ran into was during planting - ended up sending my retired father back for fuel two days during the middle of the day. Had I still had the tank in my 3/4 ton I would have saved that trip as I had to take that home at the end of the day for seed etc anyway. in a way it will sort of act like a trailer though too - I can and have pulled it behind my 3/4 ton and it trails just fine down the highway, and have tapped into the lights so I can pull it an night just like a trailer.

Long term / more ground I'd do it again with a heavy 1/2 or 3/4 ton flatbed chassis as the starter - but would still have it with a hitch in the front to be able to pull it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)