AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hole Drilled and Plumbed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 5/30/2009 12:18 (#727588 - in reply to #727516)
Subject: RE: Hole Drilled and Plumbed

Brazilton KS

Now, Dave, I prefer to have tool laid on the tire, provided that we are talking about a wrench or punch or something that is basically indestructible.  If you lay it on the tire, you at least know where it is when it's all done.  If you lay it on the fender, for instance, then who knows how long it is going to ride around before it finds a new home. 

I picked up the dies to our hose repair press last week.  They were in the driveway at the front of the shop.   I still haven't figured out how they got there, because to get there they either had to fall out of my closed up van, which I find highly unlikely but the only real plausible scenario, or else they had to fall off of the planter after it had planted seventy acres and driven about ten miles down the road since we used it.  I'm just glad I found it.

Earlier this year, I was having trouble with our Raven on the NH3 rig.  It had quit working.  I started taking apart to diagnose.  Rain was on the way.  As soon as I knew it was not going to work, I headed to the dealer and got one of their bars and proceeded to finish the field with it on another tractor.  Then someone became available to run another tractor, so we decided to follow the NH3 with the chisel (the one with the raven that didn't work...never thought a second about it)   Several weeks later, I had a new wiring harness finished to put on the Raven, and was ready to assemble it...when I discovered that I had no flow meter.  

I knew it was in the field next to my house.  

I didn't look up what they cost. 

I headed home to look for it. 

I drove about half of the field.

I was turning on the end, and I saw a white pipe fitting sticking out of the ground.

I dug a little, and there it was.  Half of a union and about an inch and half of pipe was sticking out of the ground, but somehow I saw it and found it.

I later looked up the price of the flow meter.  I don't remember what it is now, but I was sure glad I found it.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)