AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new holland 9882
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Digger
Posted 5/29/2009 18:53 (#727029 - in reply to #727003)
Subject: RE: new holland 9882

North Dakota
Just purchased one last year with 2500 hours. Has a 9180 IH before, that was a very good tractor. I miss the power shift at times. A couple things to check on the 9882 are the hinge pins. Some also had trouble with the transmissions. From what I heard there were some gears in the trans. that can start to fail prematurely.

I am also running a 9400 Deere this year and after running both I will say the 9882 is quieter by quite a bit. The Deere is also thirstier on fuel. I am not pulling the same load with both so I cant give numbers. I am pulling a smaller load with the Deere but it still uses more fuel. The Deere has better visibility and shifts better and the finger tip hydraulics are nice but more of a luxury. I would think you could buy a 9882 much cheaper. In the last 2 years 9400s have gone way up in price from what I seen. The one I got was bought in Canada when the exchange was pretty good, but Deere dealers want a premium. When I got the 9882 a comparable 9400 would have cost me 35,000 more for the same hours. I think the 9882 is a good tractor and the N14 is hard to beat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)