AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about another sprayer for next season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 5/28/2009 09:40 (#725637 - in reply to #725401)
Subject: Just my opinion.

Owned a 220 4 wheel, moved to 230 4 wheel and then the 765. So I know where you are at and where you will be going.

Plus side..
1. Larger tank. Increased production and easier on a on man operation. Less tracks in the field do to less refills.
2. Higher clearance. Easier to see in standing crops.
3. Should have the RHS foam marker. Wow. Much better than the Turbo Trac. Turbo Tracs are the number one selling tool of GPS equipment. In standing crops take the foam head off and use a straight hose (1 Inch). Leaves a solid line across the field ON TOP of the crop.
4. Adjustable wheel tread.
5. Boom bounce is less. The weight of the machine just rides "better" for the booms.
6. Ride. Here is were the mistakes are made. If you pump up the air bags to 100 PSI you will not have a good ride. People just don't like to see the wheel tilted out. So they pump up the bags until there is no suspension after they get done "lining it up by eye". You pop 100 PSI in the air bags and when the tank gets near empty you will get the ride the others are complaining about.
7. Vision. There are only 3 tips you can not see from the seat. Those three are directly behind the machine. There is no other sprayer with a rear mounted boom on the market that can say this. I don't like the rear visibility of the 4000 series Deeres or any AgChem model. There is a lot of trust running one of those.
8. Mud. You will be happy.
9. Power. No, they will not run to the top of the highest hill without pulling down. So what?.
10. Easier to work on than the Coup. You will not miss buying brake parts for the Coups.
11. Engine. Say good-by to VW carbs.

Negatives.
1. Wet boom that they forgot might be near a fence row or two. The tips are exposed and you will break them off if you hit a leaf or top of a fence post.
2. Sheer size. They are monsters beside a 220 and 230.
3. Not very flexible. You have to "plan" how to cross ditches and drains. Very easy to get one wheel in the air. Easy to avoid.
4. Hard for an old man (like I have become) to get in and out of all day. Those 400 to 500 acres days are getting harder on me.
5. Have to rotate the wheels to offset the wear from them running tilted.

Email works if you want more info.

Tim

Edited by Tim Cooke 5/28/2009 09:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)