AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with my JD 8300 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Buggyridge
Posted 5/28/2009 08:36 (#725541)
Subject: Problem with my JD 8300 drill

Hello

I am having a problem with my JD 8300 drill lately and manual doesn't show much. I notice the left side continues to turn and drop seed while the cylinder has the drill up for transport. Also, I cannot adjust the seed rate anymore. Both levers are locked. I can see the engagement gears on the left side engaged but they aren't on the right side when the drill is lifted. Did I shear a pin or something? My drill is in pretty good shape with minimal rust. I keep it covered with a good tarp.

I made the mistake (never again!) of leaving about 10-20 pounds of oats in the drill after planting them a month ago. A few had sprouted plugging the seed tubes, etc. I took 3 hours the other day to disconnected the seed tubes, cleaned and vacuumed everything out, etc. and planted a bag of open pollinated corn for forage just after. It was quite expensive at 60 pounds/acre as I planted a whole bag on about half an acre! I duct taped every other tube to plant a 15 inch row but still this will be a quite solid seeding!

Thanks much for any advice in advance. My e-mail is [email protected] also.

Jim Snyder
Edmore, MI

Edited by Buggyridge 5/28/2009 10:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)