AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD vac planter on Magnum...again!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redwrench
Posted 5/15/2009 20:51 (#714679 - in reply to #714293)
Subject: Going to disagree w/Virgina Veg on this one

I'm not a Deere tech but from what my Green tech friends tell me: The maximum flow the JD vac blower motor was designed to handle is 5 GPM. If it takes more flow than that, you have a worn orbital motor, vacuum leak, worn seed plates, problems with the seed meter... or perhaps you have added on some E-sets. But sometimes treating the symptomn is cheaper/easier than curing the problem... whatever works for your Deere planter.

Wally's post (which JohnW has to roll out every time somebody puts a Deere planter on a Magnum; thanks JohnW) is dead-on. This is EXACTLY how the Magnums work. The #1 priority valve is a great feature, IF you will take the time to use it correctly, and will keep the flow control adjustment valve in good shape. Honestly, it's just not that hard to set the flow to a blower motor, guys. But if you have an older Magnum and you just can't cope with the priority valve, that feature can be eliminated in about 1-1/2 hours with a small grinder. Your dealer has access to that info on ASIST.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)