AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Seed Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/30/2006 14:40 (#67490 - in reply to #67439)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Seed Command

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ken - You raise some good points about using the liquid control module with the Tru-Count clutches that I had forgotten about. One of the limitations is that the application needs to be configured as a spraying situation instead of a planting situation. This raises some confusion about utilizing the variety name for the products. If a variety is entered as seed (which it really is), the product is not presented in the product list when choosing an application configuration.

In the 24 rig that I have referred to herbicide was also being applied with the planter. The Insight configuration was set up as a 4 section sprayer with each boom width being 180 inches (6 rows x 30"). The spray product name was defined as the herbicide/variety. So a product name might be Harn/52-40 while another might be Harn/51-39 etc.

In this way the variety names could be mapped along with the spray. Since there was actual product flow through a flow meter for the spray the simulation of product flow was not an issue. In the other planter without spray we used a Raven shaft sensor that sensed off the planter shaft. Again the configuration had to be setup as spray rather than planting.

I assume that a new version of the Insight operating firmware is needed or will the current version recognize the Seed Command module? My guess is that a newer firmware release may appear before Spring.

Edited by tedbear 12/2/2006 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)