AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help mx275 and 1250 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/2/2009 08:19 (#665905 - in reply to #665430)
Subject: Re: help mx275 and 1250 planter

I have wondered about situations like this. Yes, the tractor probably has more than enough flow to run the everything on the planter. Yes, it has a CC-LS pump so it's not going to put out anymore pressure or flow than it needs. So let's say that the air cart that you're pulling for dry fertilizer requires 2400 or 2500 pounds to operate. That's going to be your high pressure load the majority of the time while you're planting. Then let's say that all the little motors, 2 vacuum fans, two seed drives, the bulk fill fan, let's say they're all running at a much lower pressure, say 1000 pounds and they have a total of 13 GPM which I think is probably not unreasonable. So the tractor is having to absorb 1400 or 1500 PSI for those 13 GPM worth of heat. The GPM when you turn around on the ends may go down, but the pressure differential between the highest pressure load and the lowest pressure load may be greater for short bursts because of raising the implement and markers.

It seems like even with a high flow closed center load sensing system you still have an opportunity for overheating if you don't have quite a bit of cooling capacity. I would love to know a formula for how much heat is generated by losing so much PSI for so many GPM and then have an idea of what the average tractor cooling system can handle. That formula doesn't appear to be in my handy dandy book or at least I haven't gotten to it yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)