AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great Lakes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/29/2009 14:50 (#660948 - in reply to #659587)
Subject: RE: Great Lakes

Thumb of Michigan
Wish I could help you with the north shore, but never been there. I've spent quite a lot of time on the southern side of Lake Superior. I think it depends on what you like to see. I have friends who loved the trip around the north side, but they don't like much glitz. Appreciate the wild life and scenery a lot. Its been described to me as very scenic and not overly touristy. Other people I know hated it, but they sort of like 4 or 5 star accomadations every night while on vacation. I think you'll be dissapointed if thats what you want.
For what its worth, I fully intended to make the trip around the UP this summer on a bike, but probabley won't get that done this year. I also want to circle Lake Huron sometime on the bike.

As far as a passport goes, I'll give you the same advice I gave my wife a few weeks ago. Just quit fighting it, go ahead and get one. One thing to be careful of, though. If you or any travel companions have alcohol or gun violations on your record, be prepared for an a@@ache getting into Canada. Any felony for that matter. I have a few friends who've been turned right around at the border and sent back home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)