AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spider bite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowgirl
Posted 3/29/2009 11:21 (#660725 - in reply to #660378)
Subject: RE: Spider bite

next to Plowboy

just to add a little about my experience.  Not all brown recluse spider bites are "bad".  I've been bitten twice.  (Yes, I had the little critter, and I know what he was).  The first time, I was laying on the floor watching Tv one evening, when I moved, I felt a 'pin prick' on the inside of my upper right arm.  I didn't do anything except take a fine-pointed sharpie and draw a circle around the spot.  I could see the 2 little "teeth marks also".....kinda felt like a deep pimple the next morning.  I called the Doc's office.  He said to keep a sack of frozen peas (or whatever veg handy) on it.  DO NOT put heat on it.  Heat will make the vemon go straight to the bone, and the necrosis will start.  If you put something frozen on it, it will "kill" the venom.  At least that is the explaination he gave me.  The second bite was much the same, only on the other arm, and again, not that bad.   

I know that brown recluse bites affect everyone differently, I just happen to be one of the lucky ones that don't have a reaction to it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)