AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can't make sense of this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/26/2006 22:16 (#65847 - in reply to #65840)
Subject: RE: i hate debt ,so its old rebuilt for me

Brazilton KS

My comments were all based on the information you presented in your first post...  The thing I questioned was the way you were allocating costs to the rebuild, and that is where I said I didn't think you were being completely truthful to yourself about what the costs were.    Maybe truthful was a poor choice of words but the point is that it looked to me like  there were opportunity costs associated with the shop time, which could be used on other shop (or other) projects which could be generating cash income, but that was not reflected in the charge you were (actually weren't)  making for the shop.  This  is what I have been talking about the whole time.  I never said that rebuilding was or was not the thing to do.  Really the only place I have directly got into the new vs old thing was the post where I listed the differences which have accumulated in the planters, other then that,...I've been entirely talking about the way costs were allocated to the project, and what change that might make in how it looked to you if they were fully accounted. 

Maybe you have already thought all these things through and just accounted them in your head and they didn't project well onto the forum.  I can understand that, heck I do alot of that kind of figuring myself.  I was just trying to encourage thinking about the cost of shop time as it applies to other enterprises which utilize the shop, because I did not see that in what I read.  All of which seems to have got me into all sorts of trouble here.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)