AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who would buy this tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 11/25/2006 14:03 (#65370 - in reply to #65236)
Subject: Haha George,

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
Boy, you sure got your tail handed to you on this topic didn't you? I can see that we are the minority in wanting EVERY tractor to have a 3 point. I certainly couldn't use a tractor without it. We have pretty much 3 point everything except disks, levelers, and a fert. spreaders. I like 3 point equipment because its built more simple and easy to maneuver. No clutches on the wheels or cylinders or hoses to leak. But I see how it's impracticle for some things. We only plant 8 rows so I like it 3 point, and we can no till corn with it in our soft loamy sand. These heavy, folding, complicated, expensive planters don't appeal to me. They cost double what I payed for most of my tractors. I'm 32 now and I hope I'm old and gray before I pay 6 digits for a corn planter. I need 3 point hitches for shredders, bush-hogs, scraper blades, row culitvators, row incorporators, big box blades, vine trimmers, ditch bank cutters, bedders, gas rigs, bed presses, plastic layers, rippers, and we even have some light duty 3 point hitch field cultivators up to about 25' wide. But we're primarily conventional till since we do vegetables. Seems like LOTS of things in the southeast and the Cotton Belt are 3 point. Obviously most people aren't using my type of equipment. But different strokes for different folks.

(photo307.jpg)

(photo318.jpg)

(4840layPlastic.jpg)

(Copy of IMGP0749.JPG)

(boxblade3.jpg)

(photo680.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo307.jpg (57KB - 254 downloads)
Attachments photo318.jpg (76KB - 256 downloads)
Attachments 4840layPlastic.jpg (117KB - 260 downloads)
Attachments Copy of IMGP0749.JPG (53KB - 280 downloads)
Attachments boxblade3.jpg (87KB - 258 downloads)
Attachments photo680.jpg (95KB - 257 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)