AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inflation..... My humble view.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

p-oed Farmer
Posted 3/22/2009 10:19 (#652365)
Subject: Inflation..... My humble view.....

There is a lot of talk about inflation..... It would appear that there is a lot of misconception about it.....First.... What causes it..... To much money chasing to few goods..... Today it would appear that is not a problem...... As we go along that will change.... With the trillions of $$$$ that are being pumped into the worlds economies..... there will at some point be lots of jobs and lots of $$$ from the banks to lend for people to spend..... Another component is production destruction that has been going on all over the place..... From commodities to cars...... I can guarantee you that when people start to want to buy cars again..... there will be shortages..... Along with ag commodities .... this will be driven buy the meats in the ag sector and the energies and then trickle down to the grains...... add in a crop weather problem here or there and the prices will explode..... What is inflation?..... "We are inflation"..... If we get a good price for our products along with energy..... The commodities will lead the inflation..... but the commodities will also be how the governments will try to stop the inflation as it was done in the early 80's.... Be prepared to ride the thing as I feel it will be a wild one..... Just like last summers high to last Dec lows...... One should try to position themselves for this as best as they can...... I wish that I could tell you all exectly when this will happen..... I can not..... But my guess is that it will be quicker than most think today......p-oed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)