AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reporting back on NetFlix
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tim..swIL
Posted 3/17/2009 23:33 (#648002 - in reply to #645059)
Subject: RE: Reporting back on NetFlix--Redbox

Freeburg, IL
We have a wonderful thing here called Redbox. We had considered NetFlix and then about that time Redbox vending stations started to show up at all the local McDonalds. They are computerized vending machines that will rent you new releases for $1/day. You swipe your credit card and if after 28 days you haven't returned your movie, you bought it for $28.

You can also log in online and reserve a movie at a specific redbox and then stop by later and swipe your credit card and out comes the movie. There is a website called Inside Redbox that tracks free codes. I would say that we watch about 1/2 our movies for free. I had one really scratched disc that just didn't work and emailed Redbox. They sent me an apology and 2 free movie rentals (1 day). The nice thing with having them all over is that I can pick one up on my way home and return it to another town the next day (I'm always going 10 different directions!!)

Another thing I like is that they will email you confirmation of all transactions. We've asked friends going back through town to drop them off and I get a confirmation that they have done so.

If they ever pop up in your area (McDonalds, Walgreens, Walmart, Shop-n-save), check it out (if you can easily get back to it).

www.redbox.com

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)