AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stupid thieves Farm sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dwayne MB
Posted 3/15/2009 11:28 (#645011 - in reply to #644645)
Subject: Re: Stupid thieves Farm sale

Portage MB Canada
A neighbor had wing cylinders stole off his cultivator the night before his sale and also the keys stolen from a pickup truck that wasn't worth 500$

I have seen the spark plug wire trick many times...and flooding the engine on old cars and trucks and lawn mowers

Auctioneers should never leave PTO shafts with equipment, they always should be picked up from the trailer after the sale.

A big farm auction had a row of 4 9600 JD combines. They get to the first one and it is completely dead, not just low batteries. Since they were the last items in the sale, they said they were going to stop for 10 minutes and have a look at things.

Somebody who knew what they were doing, had opened up that big electrical box behind the door into the hopper and pulled a connection apart just enough to stop the combine from doing anything.

I wouldn't have wanted to be that guy when the farmer or auctioneer caught him.

At one sale it was made quite clear that the loader tractor was not to be taken until the following day so that they could use it to load items. The guy who bought it quietly grabbed the keys, paid for it, and left. Wouldn't want to be his neighbor.

I have heard of farmers / auctioneers having a dozen drawpins to give out to buyers. They are relatively cheap and it sure leaves a good impression with the buyer.

Painting stuff may get you some extra bids, but not often enough to cover the cost or your time.

After buying something always check for dipsticks in place, no garbage hidden in certain places, nothing under the tires.

I've encouraged many auctioneers to write a book on their experiences, it would be an interesting read for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)