AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a job in agriculture in Maryland/Pennsylvania. Advice appreciated.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Johndeere4040
Posted 10/28/2017 15:18 (#6332021)
Subject: Looking for a job in agriculture in Maryland/Pennsylvania. Advice appreciated.

I grew up on a very small dairy farm on the md/pa line and was 3 yrs old when my dad sold the dairy cows. He continued to do some grain farming until it became too much with him owning a construction business so he sold everything and now rents the land to a farmer. I’ve had a small beef operation and raised some poultry as well. Now we all know that isn’t enough to make a living on so I work retail as well and hate it. I am a manager of a sporting goods store and am very tired of being in this position. I want to get into the ag industry. I am very passionate about farming and would love to even work for a grain, dairy, or beef farm but the money in this area just isn’t enough to raise a family on unfortunately. This is my first post and I love reading everything on this forum. I was hoping some of you guys maybe able to help steer me in the right direction as to what you would recommend to someone who is very passionate about agriculture but my degree is in business and management (more geared towards athletics). I have been a manager in retail for about 12 yrs and I think it’s time for a change into something I love which is farming. Thank you for any input.

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)