AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheel hub for JD 1065/1065 running gear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

jd-tom
Posted 9/25/2017 16:19 (#6269806)
Subject: Wheel hub for JD 1065/1065 running gear

SW Minnesota
I bought a John Deere 1065 running gear on an auction last fall. Thought it was a pretty good deal until I discovered that the wheel bearing cap would not stay on one of the hubs. Turns out that somewhere along the line, someone must have run it for awhile with a bad outer bearing and the axle must have ground on the inside of the hub enough to "wallow out" the inside of the cast hub and now the bearing cap won't fit. JD wants $266 for a new hub (without bearings and races, of course) which is about half of what the whole running gear is worth.

So I'm looking for someone in the SW Minnesota/NW Iowa/SE South Dakota area that has either a John Deere 1065 or 1065A running gear in their grove or iron pile that has good hubs on it yet. Don't really care abut the condition of the rest of the gear, just need a good hub (or several - I have quite a few of these running gears around so extra hubs would not be a bad thing to have). Oh - and if it has a good hitch tongue, I would be interested in that as well!

Email address in my profile is good...

Edited by jd-tom 9/25/2017 16:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)