AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7720 combine--insulation around bell housing and firewall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

NEILFarmer
Posted 9/20/2017 22:30 (#6260625 - in reply to #6256625)
Subject: RE: 7720 combine--insulation around bell housing and firewall

Morris, IL
I put 1/2 thick or so foam under the seat, used self tapping screws to hold it down as seat won't quite do the trick. I couldn't notice big change but sure helped with dust.

I put all new cab foam in couple years ago, some had been chewed from mice. I couldn't notice big change but sure helped with dust and without any foam wow, it's loud.

This year i took entire dash apart, all new foam to seal around gear shift and throttle etc. I got some weather stripping and used it on all edges of dash to help with dust mostly. Made it very tricky to get dash back on but i got it. Should keep dust both out of cab and behind the dash. Haven't ran it yet. What i like about it is everything still looks 100% factory, can't tell a thing. I know some go crazy with duck tap to seal cab up i think that looks bit to tacky for me, but i get tired of the dust for sure.

All mods i think have helped but it's still a 35 year old combine. Foam around bell housing is still mostly in place but i'm sure it's shot all foam that old is fall apart so quick and easy it just breaks down, that said didn't look like could be changed so i just left it alone for now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)