AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain bagger question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JK SCLA
Posted 2/27/2009 16:49 (#625268 - in reply to #625087)
Subject: Re: grain bagger question

I am running the Richiger setup also with no complaints. I could make a few improvements such as when placing the "floor" of the bag on the tray that supports it while bagging. Also, the extractor has this crappy rotary valve for the different hyd functions. If it were a high use tool, I would have been replumbed long ago.

A few tips. Put your bags on a level site, start to finish, but slightly crowned down the center is good. Don't be afraid to stretch the bags at or a little beyond the limit. When starting your bag if you use the two 2x4 method, use 14' boards, a nailgun, give it 3 wraps and throw it under where the corn is coming out. Don't expect the corn to be pushed or run toward and over the board. It will be pushed out and unwrap and be left exposed. At the end, I was boarding the start end, and the finsihing end, I was using the cheapo 1" wide ratchet straps then theowing a suitcase weight over it to keep the wind off. Also, leave enough bag to attach to the extractor, don't leave it too short. Leave 10' past the end of the corn.

On the extractor, don't run it too close to the ground. The bag will snag on the gearbox and tear you some holes and the spectators will criticize your investment. Don't worry about the mice, that all bleands out. If you want to probe, place a piece of repair tape, then cut it then tape over the cut. The manufacturer suggests north/south orientation. Can't say I could see a differeence, but I stored in the fall/winter when there are shorter/cooler days. Heat was less of an issue. After the initial cooling down, the crop will follow the daily highs pretty consistently. Moisture will drop 1 to 1.5%. I stored only corn, put in at 15.3 and below. Highest load ou was 15.3 and down to 13.4. No smell. When you start extracting you will smell something. It is the ground under the bag, not the grain.

Try to run the tongue on the extractor level. Flip drawbars or whatever and use a light tractor on the extractor. I want to find me a little JD 5200 or so just for the bagging to access controls from the ground and keep it steered straight. Straight bags are the ticket. Anyway, I had good experiences and ask anything you want. I have a bunch of detailed unloading pics to share.

jkk

Edited by JK SCLA 2/27/2009 16:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)