AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An Old Method Re Visited Soil Cation Balance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 12/30/2008 16:10 (#551374 - in reply to #551360)
Subject: RE: An Old Method Re Visited Soil Cation Balance

i've read it and have had it explained about a dozen ways but from everything i've read what you stated is true but.
the advice given to me is to use cec as a base point or something to look at rather than trying to change it.
what i beleive is it has revalance{is that a word} in timing of ferts being applyed.
my theory{remember i'm a small mud hole in a drive way} is fert application and water application as well as variaty has a hudge impact on over all performance. i was going to experiment with beans to see if fert timing would be worth it but if i get to busy this summer it may go to the back burner.

but i'll state for the hunderth time i'm a small player looking for an edge.
i beleive in cec but no expereince or evidence other than university and the great fellows that have explained to me how it works and in wich i am in debt to for there generosity.

edit= i do relize beans can get there nitrogen from a different source.

Edited by robaer1 12/30/2008 16:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

• RE: An Old Method Re Visited Soil Cation Balance - dko_scOH : 12/30/2008 18:53
  • I hate to defend the Soil Cation Balance Theories - Hay Wilson in TX : 1/2/2009 09:48
  • RE: An Old Method Re Visited Soil Cation Balance - Swiss-Chris : 1/1/2009 13:37
  • Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)