AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mudhog/Floater tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 10/24/2006 23:53 (#54910 - in reply to #54813)
Subject: Re: Mudhog/Floater tires

Leesburg, Ohio
Checked on the Mudhog...factory list is 12000 for a System III, 13675 for a System IV. They recommended a III for the 10 series, and a IV (more motor displacement) for the 60 series rotors because of more weight. My local Deere dealer discounted the III to 11000 installed with freight. He then showed me a low hour 9550 with factory 4-wheel drive. We ended up trading combines this morning. The price of the Mudhog will make the first year's combine payment, with no cash out of pocket till next fall. Tried it out this evening with an eight row head...went thru places I cut deep ruts in and had to back out of yesterday with our 6 row machine, with no trouble and hardly any track. Problem solved. Dealer says he will probably put the Mudhog on our old machine so he can sell it this fall...no market for 2wd machines here right now. BTW, the floater tires I mentioned above for 2500 each...the rims from Unverferth were going to be 1000 each. Didn't get a price on the 900 metrics, since we traded machines.
Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)