AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

N From fall applied 18-46-0
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 11/22/2008 08:10 (#513305 - in reply to #512973)
Subject: Re: N From fall applied 18-46-0

Aberdeen MS
Bill, when I was consulting back in the mid 80's, what a sh***y time to start that off.....LOL, I worked almost exclusively with Midwest Labs out of Omaha. They had a field rep in my neighboring town that was almost a walking soils encyclopedia. Enough so, depending on who paid his meal tab for a meeting, he could boost 28% as the next "wonder" product vs NH3 in the afternoon, and make the exact same argument with NH3 vs 28% in the evening with little effort and start wars with neighbors that quoted him verbatim..... LOL.

In one incidence, I landed a grower account, strictly on the fact that by looking only at a recent soil sample, I told him the location of the field in comparison to the home place, the fact he very likely applied manure, and reported some past history on the field as well in regards to some of the "problems" he might have experienced with that particular field. It was just interpreting the numbers as presented, and applying the knowledge how they all correlated.

Sadly, CRS has taken some of that knowledge away over the years as I didn't keep up with the profession. I still have one copy of my "cheat sheet" that I used then for a hand out explaining the majority of the concept.

I think we could have an extremely interesting conversation if we ever met in person.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)