AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Bean for the South?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 11/20/2008 18:51 (#511938 - in reply to #511912)
Subject: RE: Best Bean for the South?

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
I am not really in the south but I would like to chime in. I could never imagine myself saying I'm going to go all beans next year. I still have beans in the field !!!!! I have planted all beans before and it is just nerve racking. We have small fields, old timers plowed them the same way every year, their isn't a flat spot on the farms anywhere. They are just hard to cut and I am not working with state of the art equipment either.

On to the beans,,,,,,,I used to get some Asgrows that were an excellent plant, bushier than ever, canopy a 30" row half way thru the growing season, loaded with pods and a heavy yielder. Well it was so much of an inconvenience for our local Asgrow rep to get me 75 bags that I went to Pioneer sticks, they have no bush, they are simply a stick with 35 pods hanging and each pod has 3 beans, couple different P varieties this year and they all suck.

Next problem with beans for me is the wild life. An amount of deer that Daniel Boone couldn't keep up with and when the deer need help they share with the groundhogs. Myself, I hope to plant all corn next year, we will just have to see where the input cost is going to be. I think it is still a little early to make a final decision for '09...........

Didn't answer any of your questions, but I do wish you the best in'09 with all beans............O&O, Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)