AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flexi-Coil 1330 (Fertilizer feeding problem)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dlver
Posted 11/19/2008 23:35 (#511303)
Subject: Flexi-Coil 1330 (Fertilizer feeding problem)

Boyden, Iowa Sioux County
I've used this Flexi-Coil 1330 (JD 787 130bu.) air cart for fall fertilization for some time now. Occasionally the front (smaller) tank will not feed properly. It's a single shoot setup for 8 rows. For the tanks to empty evenly (front is 40% and rear is 60%) the rear meter turns 1.5 times faster than the front one. I'm applying from 360 to 430 total lbs per acre. For those of you familiar with this air cart the rear meter is the upstream and the front is downstream since this is a Tow Behind cart. The manual says to adjust the air flow for 0 to the front meter and 100% to the rear, I usually let the front one have 25% and the rear 75% because of the problem that the front meter sometimes does not deliver product.

Stopping the air flow and lowering the manifold, and cranking the meters will deliver product so no bridging or blockage is apparent. If I raise the manifold up and start the air flow and turn just the front meter product is delivered momentarily and then stops. I've been trying some different airflows but have not come up with a solution. If I turn the rear meter roll product is delivered with the air flowing.

This year I have a new strip-till bar with different diffusers, is it possible to have to much restriction at the implement and cause the fertilizer to hangup in the metering roll. There seems to be plenty of airflow at the diffusers and knives.

The trouble shooting guide in the manual suggests checking the pressurization of the tanks, the lids seals appear good with no air leakage there. I loosened the hatches and there does appear to be more air flow out of the rear tank. How much air pressure should there be in the tanks and would that cause feeding problems? When I checked, the front tank was still full since it is not feeding out. I know the hoses to pressurize the tanks look good.

So if anyone is very familiar with the 1330 aircart I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

Don
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)