AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cover crop rates?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 10/22/2008 09:40 (#487959 - in reply to #487521)
Subject: Re: cover crop rates?

East Central Arkansas
<p>I have read on a post hear that innoculating has more to do with the peas making N than just coming up and growing good. I dodn't know if this is bean ground if it will have the right bacteria for the peas of not. It seems when I planted peas in the past 30 lbs was about what we used. From what I have heard peas are quiet a bit more expensive than what they were in the past. One year I notilled some with the cotton planter back into the old cotton rows and they came to a real good stand and grew off good. I left them on this field untill they were dry thinking I would cut them for seed but didn't get them cut. It was to late to plant cotton so I notilled beans into them after I mowed them. I think with the rye when we sowed it into cotton before defoliation we used 50 to 60 lbs acre but I am not sure.</p><p> I would like to try a few peas this year if we get some dry weather before it's to late to plant. I haven't checked on seed yet because I dodn't want to get stuck with them.</p><p> </p>

Edited by AR Plowboy 10/22/2008 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)