AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 10/21/2008 23:31 (#487736 - in reply to #487375)
Subject: RE: Cryin' wolf

Foxtrot, I live in Brocton, Illinois. We were the little town that got 14" in about a week this spring. I had about 18" in my garage and office. There is some 200+ corn around here, but it's really strange: the boys haven't talked about any corn yields in the coffee shop for the last two years... I don't think it is nearly as prevalent as some would have you believe in this area. Like one young man that farms rather large in our area said last year, "Yeah, there was some 200 bushel corn around, but I think when it all shakes out most of it will be between 170 and 180."

Course, you gotta remember, I live in a pretty high rent district around here. We've got some $300+ cash rent in this area I'm told. (I kinda figure they did that to themselves.) So they cry as big as they farm. And the guys that are shuckin' first have to start their yields pretty high to stay ahead of 'em in the coffee shop. I don't know what I'm tryin' to say, just ramblin' I guess.

We're fortunate enough to live on some of the best ground in the world for corn & beans. And all of us are fortunate enough to farm in some manner or another on here. Sorry for the cryin' from an area so blessed, I understand your thoughts.

Anyway, I hope everybody on here has a good harvest of some kind.

Cam
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)