AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Price on VALOR?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 10/21/2008 06:24 (#486996 - in reply to #486910)
Subject: RE: Best Price on VALOR?

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)
I'm going from memory, as I can't find where I logged it, but 1 oz was costing us about $3.75, equaling $300 per 5 lb jug. I think my Valent rep told me to use that number when calculating costs per acre, if that's wrong, we better not hold him responsible.

When it first came out back in about '03, I used $5 per oz.

While we don't do any fall applications on stale seed beds in this part of the world [that's because our stale seed beds wouldn't be beds a few months later in this soil], I am sure you are going to have use at least 2 oz, but going out that far ahead of planting, a higher rate (up to 4 oz) may be fine.

I've pasted some stuff from the Valor label below. It sounds like you may be a little early.:
Valor SX, at 2 to 4 oz./A, can be used in the fall to provide residual weed control in fields that will be planted the following spring with cotton or sugarcane.... Application must be made no earlier than October 15 in Region 2 or November 15 in Region 1 [Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia] or when soil temperature falls below 50°F at a 2 inch depth to maintain  residual weed control into the spring (April 1 in Region 1 and May 1 in Region 2) or up until planting, whichever comes first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)