AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monsanto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dbltfarmer
Posted 10/19/2008 22:54 (#486185)
Subject: Monsanto

Texas
I have watched this board for about 6 months and have really enjoyed it. I have learned and gained a lot of new ideas that I have incorportated into my farming operation.

What I really don't understand is the animosity towards monsanto. If you don't like what they are doing then don't use their products. If you don't believe the product is worth the price then why are you using it?? If I don't like something I switch to another product or use another company. I did not like that the local Case dealership closed its doors and moved 20 miles away so I started using Deere. I did not like the price of chemicals that my local coop was offering so I went somewhere else.

Personally, I think Monsanto has made me a lot of money. I have had good crops and changed the way I do things which have made my operation more profitable. My cotton operation has gone to no-till since roundup ready cotton came out. My insecticide spraying has decreased tremendously since bollgard and bollgard 2 have come out. I am farming more acres than I could before roundup ready and my yields have increased.

Face it, your not going to get something for nothing. Monsanto spends 2 million dollars a day on research and development. Name one other Ag chem or ag seed company that spends that much money on research and development. Monsanto is just like any other company in the country. There number one goal is to make money for their shareholders. They have to do that by providing products that will be profitable to Monsanto as well as the producers. If we are not there buying there products then they will not make money.

Again, if you don't like them then don't buy their products. We know other companies are providing good products as evidenced by opinions on this board. We also know that there will be other companies providing GMO products in the near future.

There is always options. I guess if the griping makes you feel better then.............................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)