AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cows with simultanious pregnancys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 10/12/2008 04:44 (#480374)
Subject: cows with simultanious pregnancys

Somewhereville, Earth
father has a cow that has just had a calf, 22 days after the first one, has anyone found this before? I assume it has happened before, because it happened to other cows in the last few years on the same farm

the first calf was a hereford cross bull, and the one today was a fresian heifer,

turns out when she was inseminated the first time, it took, but she come on heat again and the randy ole tart felt the wrath of my fathers arm again lol, but what i cannot figure out is why the herford come first

on most dairy farms here in NZ, ya first sire, when plan on breeding females from ideal mothers is a friesen or jersey, cause they are the best animals for dairy production here same with the second time round,

a cross of the two breeds is a good thing too,

but why did she spit out a fresian second, when my father uses a herford bull as a terminal sire for late calvers (calving time is important!)...........picks up the cows often on there third cycle,

i wonder if the straws of semen was mixed up lol, in the first time round for this ole duck

often the dominant trait, the white face of a hereford ensures no mistakes are made!!.....and dad can tell who prefers the four legged hired help he gets in, much like some mistakes in life us humans have made, i am the son of a milk man...........lol

anyways, is this something documented, i assume this is not the first time this happened, i suggested we breed from this ole girl lol, but he reckons the second one really stripped the condition off her, anyway its a milk farm, calves are just a byproduct............

pudding
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)