AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin Row Corn Harvest Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 10/11/2008 22:44 (#480236 - in reply to #479829)
Subject: RE: If I understand correctly -

Seneca Kansas 66538
Jim, thanks for the calculations. As for the increased yield in the 30"s it may be because that old rear fold kinze was decked out with the curvetines. I know you guys dont have any products for the twin row system and thats fine, but I hope your not accusing me of lying about how it feeds into the cornhead because that would seem a little far since I was in the combine several days doing the twin row. And I have spent many hours in the cab of a combine so I think my experience is knowledgable on 30" corn also. This twin corn we have harvested has been very good quality corn with large stalks and nice uniform ears in size and height from the ground. We will be picking some corn on some tough contoured hillside terraced ground with the ears laying anywhere from 12" to 24" from the ground. I have posted the photos that I have to show anyone that has been questioning the ability for a regular 30" row cornhead to be adaptable to twin row because I myself was very much questioning it myself. The advantage would probably not be for you to promote the twin row system since you dont supply parts for this particular planter setup. I am sorry if that sounds a little in your face but I felt that you gave it so its time to take it back. The short corn experience and photos are forth coming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)