AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with JD Yield monitor on 9650 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 10/9/2008 22:48 (#478976 - in reply to #478932)
Subject: RE: Problem with JD Yield monitor on 9650 combine

Kentucky
I'm not sure about the answer to your question and I'm interested to hear some of the responses. I've experienced the same type of problem even with a corn head. My opinion at this point is that it has to do with the way it counts acres. I even have to set my corn head to eight 32" rows for my 8 row/30" head to get the acres to come out right. I can get the pounds of grain correct, but the yield will be off and when I figure the reason it usually has to do with the area (acres) being off.

Here's my guess as to what happens. When you raise the head, let's say that the area is 1.27 acres actual. I think that the moniter cuts off the hundredths to read 1.2 and doesn't round up. Every time you raise the header they get cut off. Like I said, I haven't figured this one out, but if I tweak the header size, I can get the moniter reading to be more accurate with what the actual yield is.

Now, I'll sit back and see what somebody who knows what's going on posts. (By the way, I haven't found a dealer who could explain this one either.) Thanks for the post.

Edited by Jmark71 10/9/2008 22:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)