AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical problems on 1688
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CW IL
Posted 10/8/2008 11:18 (#477698 - in reply to #477634)
Subject: RE: Electrical problems on 1688

Effingham, IL
Loren, I had similar problems on my 1688. First the tach would blink and make noise, then go blank and shortly after the feeder-house would quit. That is all powered off the small wire that is attached to the positive cable bolt. It was called something like the "pure wire". To fix this I ran a new hot wire from one of the solenoids under the outside right cab panel to the wire that fed the tach box. My dealer told me which color the wire was. That solved the immediate problem, but a year latter I was having charging problems. After new batteries and alt checked it was the positive battery cable. It appeared to be in fine shape until I took it to my local starter repair shop. They put a load on it and it wouldn't carry the current. They cut the insulation off and it was extremely corroded. They made me a new cable for like 1/3 the cost of CIH and haven't had a problem since. Looking back I wander if my original problems weren't all caused by that one bad cable. Sorry for the long post but wanted to give you some food for thought. Craig
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)