AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

XM radio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/4/2008 20:24 (#474948 - in reply to #474927)
Subject: RE: XM radio...very interesting

Chebanse, IL.....

We've got several XM units. Seems mostly our "Roady" units have been doing that in the past few weeks. Started maybe 4 weeks ago?

I knew better, but I made a call to their customer service number yesterday. After you play games on their greeting service for a while, a young lady came on. I'm aware that 2/3 of their customer service folks are "off-shore" oriented. However, I thought I had really lucked out & got one of the So Carolina (?) folks instead. My first statement to her was, "well, I'm glad I have someone American to talk with...". She said, "no sir-I'm not in America, but how may I help you..." Her Phillipino accent was finally leaking thru.

I told her of this problem & she wanted to know "which serial # unit..."? I said many of them, but I grabbed 1 Roady & read the number. She said they have had NO (none!!) complaints of "Loading....." like I was having, and apparently other posters here also. But, she said she was making note of it on our account & they were reviewed daily by tech service folks. Anyway, that was her story. Obviously the problem is more rampant then she acknowledged, or she just started working there yesterday.

I'd suggest if you have some time to kill, and are really feeling patient, make a call to their customer service & comment. Make sure you have a unit ser# ready.

Someone here asked if reception was obstructed? I can assure you that has nothing to do with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)