AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Never using nh3 for fertilzer again!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

westernks
Posted 9/29/2008 22:59 (#471875 - in reply to #471701)
Subject: Conditions!

How many of you that have compared NH3 with Liquid 28 or 32% have done it in with annual precipitation less than the requirement for the corn crop. What I am talking about is, if you have to add most of the water that the corn needs to grow a crop, you have no chance of leaching or denitrification. You place the product in the root zone and your ph is high - above 8.0. And I am talking about where you won't even think about growing milo or beans because all you will end up with bare ground because of chlorosis. Then I beleve liqiud has a better place than NH3. In my experence in my good ground I see very little difference but in poor soils that will only grow wheat or corn- liquid blows away NH3 every time I apply it. But I also farm in a semi-arid climate and have to apply 70% or more of the water to the corn with Irrigation. From time of strip till in the fall to planting in the spring we may have at most 4 inches of precip, most times we have to preirrigate two to three inches just to settle the strips to ensure a good seed bed without voids for our planter.

Sorry for being long winded

If it works good for you do it, if you don't want to see another approach that is your agenda. I am open to all observations and never question anyone until I have proved other wise.

Mike
(I Farm on the rim of Hells Canyon - ie. The Great American Desert)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)