AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yields please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenpower
Posted 9/28/2008 21:33 (#471057 - in reply to #471016)
Subject: Re: Yields please

N/E Iowa
Here In Northeast Iowa, No corn out as of yet!! Still two weeks yet (Oct -15th) or so. Hand checked some 98 day planted on the 5th of May 29 percent!!

Beans are going from 40 to 50, You hear of guys saying that they have 60 bushel beans, but then again I go off of total bushels across the scale, not what the monitor picked out going threw the field. It was too hot and dry in August, and the showers were hit and miss. I have heard of some mid 30 bushel beans (across the scales). I'm sure there are some 60's around, but they are not in every field.

I did 140 acres of 2.4 beans they all went to town and they went 53.3 bus. per acre, 11.9 moisture, and 58 test weight (all averages). I was pleased. I'm currently doing some earlier bean, on light soil, they will struggle to make 45..............

I would have to say beans down 10 to 12 bus. from last year, And corn is up in the air yet, but I would have to say (around are area) corn will be down 20 to 30 bushels less than normal. (140 to 150) and that's being generous. I'm already looking forward to 09' this year has been stressful on crops, and myself!!

Edited by greenpower 9/28/2008 21:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)