AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Value of 3000 gal liquid hog manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 9/25/2008 13:38 (#469226 - in reply to #469144)
Subject: RE: Value of 3000 gal liquid hog manure

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Mine varies from year to year but the analysis I found from 2006 showed 68 N --60 phos and 43 potash per 1000 gals. 75% of the N is available the first year. 80% of the phos and 90% of the K. We run 3000 gals an acre, cost was about 80$ for application.
Even with flow meters we get streaking. The disk covering application sucks when wet and coverage is not as good so I think there is some N loss. We apply 40lbs urea in the spring with a spreader before field cultivating at a sharp angle to spread out the manure better. These two things in the spring really help with the streaking.
We are on a 3 year rotation on all fields running a corn, corn, soy rotation. 2nd year of corn helps take out excess N that wasn't available the first year.
If you disk chisel before manure you will really have no residue left. Its black enough from the manure application.
I figure manure is worth 15 bu more corn and 5 bu more beans than commercial fertilizer. Not only that but I don't have to buy any P and K. All the fields we have manured have raised the soil tests levels alot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)