AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Place "Want Add" to Find Ground to Rent???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 9/25/2008 08:15 (#469018 - in reply to #468901)
Subject: Re: Works for me.

Baldwin City, KS
I am a young start up as well. I run an ad in the local trader all the time simply stating that we would like the opportunity to farm your row crop acres on either cash rent or shares. I don't offer a rent amount in any way shape or form, not even over the phone without looking at the ground and checking out the situation behind the potential tennant change.
You can do a good job and be seen, but that's only part of the deal. People have to know that you are serious about renting land if you really want them to put you in the fray, so to speak, with the other established farmers. That is where the ad comes in. I have had countless people ask about the ad, and heard nothing negative (to my face) to date.
Rember, there's guy's who just want to look like they play ball, and there's guy's who play ball. That ad just shows people that you aren't blowing hot air. Above all, no matter what, be respectful of your respectable colleagues. That'll get you alot farther than anything. In this business, if you don't have daddy's checkbook, reputation is everything, but you still can't sit still and wait on ground to fall in your lap.
Just my advice. It's worth about what you paid for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)