AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Q for Georgia farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 9/8/2008 07:46 (#454808 - in reply to #454583)
Subject: Re: Q for Georgia farmers

South Georgia
Carl, the question was about 'excellent control' not pretty good control. We've done the R-up/Dual thing, and I guess it works okay, but it's not 'excellent' by any means. We have some peanuts behind wheat that have had Prowl&Dual, Gramoxone&Storm, Cadre, Cobra, 2,4-DB, and have been hand-pulled two or three times. I don't doubt that the Dual is doing us some good, but unless we're doing something wrong, it's not as great as I had heard, before we started using it.

Our cotton has had (for the most part) Prowl, Cotoran and Reflex banded behind the presswheel, R-up&Dual, some spot-hand-pulling where the pigweed were really bad (in my 'free' time), R-up&Valor under the hooded sprayer, and MSMA and diuron post-directed at the same time, and most of them have also been hand-pulled. I should add that we start with a clean field when we plant.

As far as the original question about 'excellent' control, I don't know, but this is getting us fairly close to 'excellent.'

I have heard of folks hand-pulling pigweed and putting them on a trailer to haul out of the field. I don't know what they do with them then, I guess burn them.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)