AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

storing distillers grains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rodave
Posted 8/13/2008 11:36 (#434305 - in reply to #434291)
Subject: Re: storing distillers grains

The first load was delivered today, I got the trucker to dump it on the concrete pad where I mix the feed, so its not too much of a problem like that. They do want to delivery in tractor trailer loads, which is ok, I have the space for the trucks to drive in and turn around. I see now that it wouldnt work at all in the silo, I suppose that I will make some sort of bunker for it, though the feed rep is supposed to drop in later on today with the revised TMR ration including the WDG, so I think I will ask about the DDG's and see what his opinion is of that. I would rather be add ingredients by pushing a button to start an auger that messing around outside, today is yet another rainy day and the only loader avaible today is the open station. I want to avoid plastic tarps or bags if at all possible, it seems to be my luck that they get frozen on things, blown off or otherwise made into a PIA. By they way, the reason I am trying WDG or maybe DDG is to make up for the poor hay this year, I cant seem to get any in without at least one rain on it, and first cut was almost too mature to be of any value. The cows are eating well enough, but they arent making much milk out of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)