AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How did you quit dippin' Copenhagen??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JohnW
Posted 9/13/2006 02:02 (#43369 - in reply to #43355)
Subject: Re: How did you quit dippin' Copenhagen??

NW Washington
The thought of some form of cancer in your mouth would be enough to make me quit. Here is a little info I copied :

" Tobacco Usage-- This is the single strongest risk factor for developing cancers of the head and neck, and especially mouth cancer. Any form of tobacco taken through the mouth, whether smoked or chewed, increases the risk over time. Even children who use chewing tobacco (often to emulate famous baseball players) have gotten mouth cancer. The more tobacco that is used, for a longer period of time, the higher the chance to get mouth cancer. Likewise, when use is stopped, the risk declines almost to normal over a 5 to 10 year period"

But, that said, as an ex-smoker the way, I finally quit is one day I said to myself I am not going to smoke any more and I didn't. Getting your head around the idea is the hardest part. I couldn't sit still for a long time, and got o lot of little projects done, and about drove the rest of the family nuts, but I managed to stay away from the smokes. It ain't easy, but it sure is worth the pain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)